Garbage Disposals in Massapequa
Your New York garbage disposal does so much more than grinding food scraps.
It keeps your kitchen trash pail clean and odor-free. It helps decrease the amount of food that decays in landfills and emits greenhouse gas. It prevents food waste from clogging your plumbing and makes meal cleanup easy.
Your garbage disposal is one of the most hardworking appliances in your Massapequa, NY, kitchen. It performs best when installed correctly, with the precision and craftsmanship that Chivalry Plumbing & Heating brings to every job.
We pride ourselves on delivering honest, trustworthy service to homes and businesses throughout Wantagh, NY. Contact us to replace your aging garbage disposal or add a new one to your kitchen.
Garbage Disposal Replacement and Installation
Garbage disposals last approximately 12 to 15 years if they are maintained. If your unit jams up frequently or makes loud noises, it may be time to replace it.
Every installation or replacement we handle is different because plumbing systems and electrical services vary from kitchen to kitchen. If this is your first garbage disposal, we can confirm if your plumbing is ready to handle a new appliance.
We can help you choose the best garbage disposal for your needs and budget. If you have a big family and frequently prepare meals at home, you may need a unit with more horsepower. Typically, more powerful garbage disposals are bigger than standard models. The space available under your sink may dictate the brand or model you choose.
- Do you want stainless steel or galvanized steel components in your new garbage disposal?
- Do you prefer a hardwired model or one that plugs into an electrical outlet?
- Is continuous feed or batch feed better for your needs?
A continuous feed garbage disposal enables you to add scraps as it operates. Batch feed models only run when a safety stopper covers the drain.
Our experts can advise you about the many features available, including noise reduction technology, single- and multiple-stage grinding, push-button starters, and dishwasher drain connectors.
At Chivalry Plumbing & Heating, we offer convenient financing options to help you purchase the right equipment for your comfort and safety.
Massapequa, NY, Garbage Disposal Repair
No matter how careful you are with your garbage disposal, breakdowns can happen. If your garbage disposal stops working or jams frequently, we can help. Contact us if you experience these problems:
- A garbage disposal that hums when you turn it on indicates it has power. Food or an object likely is jamming the grinding components.
- It works, but the water does not drain. The garbage disposal, the pipe under the sink, or the drain line likely is clogged.
- If you find water in your sink cabinet, the connections between pipes and your garbage disposal may be loose or a worn rubber gasket at the top of the garbage disposal may need replacement.
Chivalry Plumbing & Heating offers our customers 24/7 emergency repair services to be there when you need us. Our goal with every job is to provide worry-free service and 100 percent customer satisfaction.
Maintain Your Garbage Disposal
You can extend the life of your new garbage disposal and prevent unexpected breakdowns with these simple maintenance tips:
- Keep your drain smelling fresh by grinding a few lemon peels.
- Refrain from grinding fibrous foods, such as celery, or hard waste, like fruit pits and chicken bones. Some garbage disposals with two- and three-stage grinding can handle tough food waste. Check the instructions for your model.
- Occasionally grind a few ice cubes to sharpen your garbage disposal's blades.
- Keep grease and shellfish shells out of your garbage disposal.
- Always run cold water while the garbage disposal is operating to help flush food particles through the drain. Let the water run for a few seconds after turning off the appliance.
- Avoid stuffing large amounts of food scraps into your garbage disposal.
Are You Ready to Make Your Life Easier in the Kitchen?
Our qualified pros at Chivalry Plumbing & Heating are ready to help with your next plumbing project in the Massapequa, NY, area. Call us today at (516) 614-3398 or request service online for garbage disposal replacement and installation services.
"I would Definitely and Highly Recommend Chivalry for all your plumbing and heating needs!"- Patricia Evering
"I was pleasantly surprised with the entire experience."- Christopher DeFeo
"I have you on Speed Dial in case of emergency or basic needs!"- Jana Lappas
"Technician had everything to do the job neatly and discreetly in a timely matter."- Joe Louis
"I would highly recommend Chivalry Plumbing & Heating."- Michelle Mikolajczyk
"I would highly recommend Joe and his team and will call on him again, when needed, in the future."- Christine Vanderberg
"Joe from Chivalry Plumbing arrived on time and was neat and professional looking."- Charles Smith
"Rocco was very professional, friendly and helpful, educating me about aspects of my plumbing I didn't know."- Peggy S.