Massapequa, NY Sewer Line Services
Your sewer line moves the wastewater from inside your home to the broader municipal water system. Sewer line problems can result in major inconveniences and serious damage. Our Massapequa sewer line services include everything from repair to replacement to routine inspection.
Call Chivalry Plumbing at (516) 614-3398 for 24/7 service. You can also reach out to us here online to schedule an appointment. Our service area extends to Seaford, Wantagh, and beyond.
Signs You May Have a Sewer Line Issue
Recognizing the signs that you need sewer line repair is crucial to prevent extensive damage. Here are some common signs that indicate the need for sewer line repair:
- Water Backups: If you notice frequent water backups in multiple drains or toilets throughout your home, it could be a sign of a blockage or damage in the sewer line. When the sewer line is compromised, wastewater cannot flow properly, causing backups and potential water damage.
- Nasty Odors: Foul, sewage-like odors in or around your property can be a strong indicator of a sewer line problem. Sewer line issues can cause trapped wastewater to emit unpleasant smells, which can be a health hazard and impact the livability of your home.
- The Presence of Mold: If you notice an increase in mold growth in your home, particularly near drains or on walls and floors, it could be a result of sewer line problems. Sewage leaks can create a damp environment that promotes mold growth. Mold can cause respiratory issues and damage to your property.
- Foundation Cracks: Unexplained cracks in your home's foundation can be an indication of a serious sewer line problem. When the ground around the sewer line shifts or settles due to damage or leaks, it can lead to foundation movement and cracks.
- Lush Green Grass: While green grass is generally desirable, if you notice lush and overly green patches in your yard, it may indicate a sewer line leak. Sewage acts as a fertilizer, causing the grass above a leaking sewer line to grow faster and appear healthier than the surrounding areas.
How Long Do Sewer Lines Last?
Sewer lines typically have a long lifespan. The type of material used in construction will play an important role in determining how long that lifespan is. A pipe made with Orangeburg will last around 50 years, whereas the more durable cast iron can last up to 100 years.
Regular maintenance can help your sewer line last longer. Our routine inspection program also helps identify potential problems before they escalate, thereby mitigating repair costs.
Call Our Massapequa Sewer Line Service Pros Today
Chivalry Plumbing & Heating is ready to respond with prompt service and reliable repair. To ease the burden of repair costs, we offer financing up to $200,000 to people of all credit ratings.
Call today at (516) 614-3398.
“I would Definitely and Highly Recommend Chivalry for all your plumbing and heating needs!”- Patricia Evering
“I was pleasantly surprised with the entire experience.”- Christopher DeFeo
“I have you on Speed Dial in case of emergency or basic needs!”- Jana Lappas
“Technician had everything to do the job neatly and discreetly in a timely matter.”- Joe Louis
“I would highly recommend Chivalry Plumbing & Heating.”- Michelle Mikolajczyk
“I would highly recommend Joe and his team and will call on him again, when needed, in the future.”- Christine Vanderberg
“Joe from Chivalry Plumbing arrived on time and was neat and professional looking.”- Charles Smith
“Rocco was very professional, friendly and helpful, educating me about aspects of my plumbing I didn't know.”- Peggy S.